Tales from the east part two, ( from a mothers point of view)

My son is hard to handle, fair enough I see why he may have went off the rails a bit. He did watch his dad being murdered right in front of him, the screams the car speeding. I try not to let it haunt me but god knows what goes through my sons' head. We couldn't afford therapy or any fancy treatments like that so we have depended on family from near by to keep his mind at ease, and mine. Everyone has a story to tell at one time of there life. It just so happens this story, if heard might get people killed.
The bottom flat on the most notorious street in Barlanark is where I reside. People come and go family chased out because they've grassed folk up but not our Family. Not since Davie Grassed up the guys he committed robbery with. They Lived In Easterhouse. It just so happens that Barlanark and Easterhouse Hate one another and gang fighting between the two schemes was at its worst. They used my excuse of two guys Davie grassed, they where supposed to be coming after my son and me. They fought for me and my family young boys got stabbed and they said it was because no one would hurt us. This was only an excuse though. This was only an excuse. The boys wanted to fight. It was how they lived. I didn't persuade anyone to fight or be hurt or die. My son did, he made friends, and his friends fought and used our families trauma as a violent scapegoat.
They ruined my life, the people that killed my Love and my Sons father. It was a large turn out at the service. Everyone knew what had happened and some older members of his family refused to believe in such crime and dispair, they didn't come from around these parts though. They didn't know temptation. Davies's mother used to shout ' inhuman bastards' randomly when she felt the urge to let out her emotion. She was old and suffered from dementia, but she still knew what happened and it haunted her last thoughts before she died a year later. Davie's dad knew a little bit of what was going on at the time he tried to get some of his well-known mates to help out, try to converse with Davie and let him know that the life style he leads will endanger him and his family. It would endanger me.
John my son he's a smart boy. He tries his best. He is too young to drink and smoke but he does it anyways. I can't really control that now. Without a dad, a male role model he sort of takes advantage of my good nature. He comes in drunk. Most of the time I wouldn't notice because I would also be drunk or asleep. He told me something the other day though. He told me he knew where his dads' killer lived, where he moved to after Easterhouse. He told me his mates told him. I don't know how he will react what he will do. I haven't noticed anything different in his behaviour. In fact he hasn't really showed any emotion. I should watch him.
I don't want my son to do anything he will regret but I don't want this man to go un-punished. If I let this play out will my son get hurt Will he avenge his dad? He?s heading out tonight. He tells me he's going to town for a night out. It just so happens that the bus goes by the Gallowgate area of Glasgow. The boys all look like there hiding something from me. It's 11:07 and they head for what they call a night to remember. ' stay safe son'

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A power struggle. The Story of St-Dan. By Daniel McCourt

My spiritual confession

My 1980's