Tales from the east part 1.

living in the east east end of glasgow for some people seems alright, they can handle it. What trouble ? It wasn't quite that easy for James. and this is his story.


I was young and stupid, caused so much shit for my folks and didn't want to stay in school, its full of geeks and losers they learn shit and seem to enjoy it but i don't. I suppose thats what happens when you mix with the wrong crowd. I had three mates , me, wee john, darn and Paul; a kool bunch of guys, always stoned or drunk. There was never a dull moment in Barlanark (Bar-l for short). Stayed here for like sixteen year, was born here infact. My ma and da moved to bar-l when my ma was eight month pregnant with me. life was hard for them they were quite poor and had no money, nothing really changed there then, except for one major change my da did get murdered.
It was the day before his trial for armed robbery, not the first time either. I was seven years old and what I saw haunted me. The guy my da had to grass up was out side waiting in a land rover for him to come out. When my dad emerged from the crowd to cross the road the car started to drive toward him. I noticed this and pointed to the car. My mum ran out because she knew what was happening, it was like slow motion she ran and shouthed out his name "DAVIE" but before anyhting could be done the car hit him and drove on. My da was deed. My mum never told me who it was that killed him incase when i get older I would dae somthing stupid, now i want to know because if I found him I would dae him in.
Now though, i'm no all fucked up in the head with revenge or anything. i'm long over it but its like tradition roun in these parts. somone messes with your family you fuck up theres. Every one knew ma da had been killed and it often came up in conversation when we sat round the backs boozin. Wee john came out wae one day,he said "so if you found Peter Clyde, what would you do?" i turned and said " who the fucks peter clyde" was this the guy what killed ma da. I said again " who the fucks this clyde guy?" wee john looked at me and then looked around , it went pure quiet and every one told him to be quiet. Then i shouted. "what the fuck people you guys knew and never told me " Wee john appoligised then said " yeah mate thats the guy he stays doon at the gallowgate." I was Fucking raging. They all asked me that now i knew what would we do. Was good to know they wanted to be part of what happened next. Thats what mates do.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A power struggle. The Story of St-Dan. By Daniel McCourt

My spiritual confession

My 1980's